Sunday, November 15, 2009

Infection!!

Well Dennis has an ingrown toenail on the foot he has RSD in. He is in so much pain he doesn't even want to get out of bed. I forced him to go to the ER Room today, he has a much stronger antibiotic now.

The ER doctor... this man was... I wanted to slap him to say the least. When he walked in I told him that he has RSD and the doctor grabbed his foot anyway and twisted it around which made him yell in pain. Then the doctor says "I'm going to fix it by removing the entire toenail". WHAT?! I haven't heard of them removing the entire nail for an ingrown toenail before. I have heard of them removing some of the nail to dig out the ingrown portion. In the end we declined to have this done.

All I could think of was if doing this would make the RSD move to a new area or make it worse in his foot or what. I'm always so scared for him now. When the doctor said "remove the entire nail", Dennis looked at me and the doctor asked "what are you looking at her for?" and I told him "he is looking at me because no one touches him without consulting me and without me believing this is the right thing to do".

I am on top of his medical care. I want to have him with me for many more years to come. If a doctor doesn't like me being involved, well that's just tough for them because that is MY husband. I'm not going to let a doctor treat him in any bad way either.

Anyway, its very late and I think I'm going to head to bed :) Take care and have pain free days!

No comments:

Post a Comment